Osada Ryszard, doctor of musical art in composition.
born 6 February 1972, composer. He graduated from Music School in Legnica in 1990. In the years 1990-1995 he studied in the Academy of Music in Wrocław (diploma with honours) under the supervision of Professor L. Wisłocki . In 2000 he began post-graduate composition studies under the supervision of M. Borkowski in the Academy of Music in Warsaw. He graduated in 2002 receiving a diploma with honours. Ryszard Osada is the winner of the following competitions, both national and international: 1998 – Nationwide Composition Competition “Łódź’ 98” – 3 prize for “The capricious sketch” for chamber string orchestra; 2003 – 24 Irino Prize Competition in Japan – an honourable mention for E-motion for two accordions and electronic soundtrack; 2003 – K. Szymanowski ZAiKS Competition in Warsaw – an honourable mention for B-A-C-H for string quartet; 2003 – 25 Russollo International Composition Competition in Italy – 2 prize for E-motion for two accordions and electronic soundtrack. A member of the Association of Polish Composers since 2003, a member of The Polish Society of the Phonographic Industry since 2006. The Ministry of Culture Grant holder in 2006, in 2007, 2011 and 2013 a scholarship holder of ZAiKS, in 2008 a scholarship holder of the Institute of Adam Mickiewicz – „The Polish culture on the world”.
Ryszard Osada has been particularly interested in chamber and electroacoustic music. In the majority of his compositions he has combined an element of virtuosity with a new tone quality of an instrument or human voice. He has been using a variety of technical, stylistic and performance measures. His compositions (both solo and chamber) are characterized by a concentration of various form, performance and tone possibilities. His creative activities are not limited to one kind of stylistics or one way of composing. They encompass neoclassical tendencies in music, sonoristics, experiments, the elements of serial technique as well as graphically notated music.
Ryszard Osada’s works have been repeatedly presented during festivals and concerts such as: World Music Days Vancouver (2017), International Festival of Contemporary Music MUSICA VIVA (Lisbon, 2008), International Festival of Contemporary Music “Warsaw Autumn” (2004,2005,2008,2009), Festival Musica Polonica Nova (2004,2006,2008,2012), the International Festival Laboratory of Contemporary Music (2003,2005,2006,2010), the International Festival of Electroacoustic Music “Musica Electronica Nova”(2005, 2007, 2011, 2014, 2017), International Actual Music Festival (Moscow, 2012), Festival of World Premieres (2013), during the International Conference of Sound Engineering (2005), the International Competition of Contemporary Chamber Music (2005), the Festival Musica Moderna (2001,2002,2005,2006), Festival of Polish Music (2006). They have also been presented to foreign audiences in Italy, Deutschland, France, England, United States, Holland, Portugal, Japan, Russia, Australia, China and Chile, as well as to radio audiences. Several compositions have been recorded and published, “E-motion” (Fondazione Russolo-Pratella 2003, Acte Prealable 2004 – nominated for Fryderyk 2004, Warsaw Autumn 2004), Prelude for organ (DUX 2005 – nominated for Fryderyk 2005). In 2007 he recorded his own CD which presents his electroacoustic music. Furthermore, Ryszard Osada has written three scientific texts, which have been published by the Academy of Music in Warsaw.
b i o g r a p h y
* born in Legnica (Poland) in 1972
* he graduated Music school in Legnica
* in 1990-95 he was studying composition with prof. Leszek Wisłocki. In 1995 he graduated from the Music Academy in Wrocław (diploma with honours).
* in 2000-02 he was studying composition with prof. Marian Borkowski within the confines of Postgraduate Studies of Composition at the Chopin’s Music Academy in Warsaw (diploma with honours).
* in 2006 a scholarship holder of the Ministry of Culture
* in 2007 a scholarship holder of ZAiKS
* in 2008 a scholarship holder of the Institute of Adam Mickiewicz – The Polish culture on the world
* 2009 – Doctor of Musical Art in Composition
* in 2011, 2013 and 2014 a scholarship holder of ZAiKS
* in 2015 a scholarship holder of PTMW
* in 2016 a scholarship holder of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
* in 2017 a scholarship holder of the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage (Collections – Composition Commissions)
* in 2017 a scholarship holder of the Institute of Adam Mickiewicz – The Polish culture on the world
a c h i e v e m e n t s
* the 24th Irino Prize (Tokyo, Japan)
* the 25th Concorso Internazionale Luigi Rusolo (Varese, Italy)
* the Karol Szymanowski National Composers’ Competition (Warsaw, Poland)
* the National Composers’ Competition ŁÓDŹ’98 (Łódź, Poland)
* World Music Days, Vancouver (2017)
t e a c h i n g
* from 1994 he is a teacher of the theory of music at the Music School in Legnica, from 2005 he is also a lecturer of the instrumentation and composition at the Music Academy in Wrocław